CSS Written Exam Paper Pattern
CSS is a very competitive examination that is held by FPSC every year in Pakistan to hire most intelligent, intellectual and disciplined persons to manage the bureaucracy of the state. Bureaucrats play various roles in modern society, by holding administrative, functional, and managerial positions in government. They carry out the day-to-day implementation of established policies for central government agencies, such as postal services, education and healthcare administration, Police and various governing bodies.
- CSS written exam consists of 12 papers, Six are compulsory and 6 are optional.
- Each paper consists of 100 Marks.
- Time allowed for each paper is 3 hours.
- The question papers that written in Urdu or other Pakistani regional languages like Punjabi, Sindhi, Pashto, Balochi, Persian, and Arabic must be answered in their respective languages.
- Islamic studies or comparative study of major religions must be answered in English or Urdu language only.
- The choice will be granted to the non-muslims to take any other religions exam.
- If a candidate missed any paper then he/she will not allowed in remaining papers.
- There will be 20 MCQs in all compulsory papers except the paper of Essay. There will be 20 MCQs in all optional paper except paper of Applied Mathematics and Pure Mathematics.